Sunday, October 5, 2014

Favorite Movies Adapted From Books






This is a list of my favorite movies that are based on books I enjoy reading. This is a somewhat difficult list to make because I am particular about adaptations of books that I love. For a movie to make it on the list it means I think they did a great job keeping with the spirit and themes of the book. This list will continue to grow, and I hope to hear what some of your favorites are, or some of your suggestions on movies based on books that you have enjoyed. If you have any questions about which edition I prefer please let me know, I would be happy to share my thoughts with you.

Here is the list in no particular order:
  1. Pride And Prejudice BBC version
  2. Stardust
  3. The Help
  4. The Star Wars trilogy #4, 5, and 6
  5. The Harry Potter series particularly #6, 7.1, and 7.2
  6. Memoirs Of A Geisha
  7. Game Of Thrones HBO television series
  8. The Hunger Games
  9. Catching Fire
  10. Lark Rise To Candleford BBC television series
  11. The Walking Dead television series Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  12. Lord Of The Rings trilogy Peter Jackson version
  13. Les Miserables Musical Version
  14. Cold Mountain
  15. The Phantom Of The Opera Andrew Lloyd Weber Musical Version
  16. Wives And Daughters BBC version
  17. Call The Midwife BBC television series
  18. The Crucible
  19. Tristan And Isolde
  20. Little Women
  21. The Other Boleyn Girl
  22. Persuasion
  23. The Four Feathers
  24. Downton Abbey Masterpiece Theater television series
  25. John Adams HBO television series

No comments:

Post a Comment