Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Nick And Tesla's Robot Army Rampage



By: Bob Pflugfelder and Steve Hockensmith

In this book, Nick and Tesla try to figure out who is robbing the stores in Half-Moon Bay. While following up on some leads, they encounter robots the criminal is using to help steal from the stores.

I won this book from a Quirk Books Promotional event* with the first book. My nephew and I read this together, and we thought it was great! We both agreed that it was even better than the first book: Nick and Tesla: High Voltage Danger Lab. The robots were an interesting element to the story. The first book introduced us to all the characters, and now in the second one, we are able to focus more on the adventures Nick and Tesla have, and their experiments. 

There are some really cool plans included in this book to make your own robots. This series is excellent at encouraging children to be interested in science and to use their imagination to experiment with ordinary objects.

Q&A with Alejandro

Did you like the book?
I liked it! It was a very good one.

How did it compare to the first book?
I liked it more. It had robots.

What was your favorite part?
When they were trying to find the bad guy. They didn't find him right away. It was funny with the robobugs. Also the part where they used the hoverbot. I liked that they were trying to make a floating car in the lab.

Who was your favorite character in this book and why?
Uncle Newt, Nick, and Tesla. Nick and Tesla because they are doing mysterious stuff like trying to find out who the robber is. Uncle Newt because he is a scientist.

Did the story go how you expected it to?
I didn't expect who the robber was.

Would you recommend this book to your friends?
Yup, it was pretty good.

Did you do any of the experiments?
Not yet. I want to make the robobugs, because they are like the hexbugs I like to play with. I want to know how to make them. I also want to make the hoverbot. It was my favorite because it flies.

Will you read the third book in the series Secret Agent Gadget Battle?
Yes. The next book sounds interesting.

Thank you Alejandro for reading and reviewing this book with me. I can't wait for our next book!

*Quirk Books does not require a review or stipulate what kind of review should be given if you are inclined to review the book. It was simply part of a promotional event for their book. Winning this book does not change my review. It merely provides me with a book I would not have read, or gotten to as soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment