Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Mirror Sight





Karriagan G'ladheon, a member of the Green Riders that serve King Zachary of Sacoridia is on a vital mission for the kingdom. She and a small group have entered Blackveil forest. They were followed by a rebel group, who are trying to disrupt their mission. Their arch nemesis Mornhavon appears, and Karrigan finds herself in a magical confrontation with him. She ends up sealed in a sarcophagus during a magical explosion. When she emerges from the sarcophagus she finds everything has changed. She begins to question if she will ever return to the places and people she loves.

This was the fifth book, and the long anticipated sequel in the Green Rider series. I have been a fan of this series since the first book: Green Rider came out, so I was very excited to get my hands on this book. That excitement did not last long. I ended up feeling very confused about this book. It felt like it was a completely different story that also had Karrigan G'ladheon as the main character. It was very out of place in the series, and left me wondering why it was written as part of this series if it was not going to move the plot along or really use the characters and world from that series.

To be fair, it was a well written book. It just did not work as part of the Green Rider series. I think it should have been written as a stand alone book using different characters, and not as part of this series. It almost seemed like the author wanted to write some historical fiction combined with steampunk instead of continuing with this fantasy series.

I was disappointed in this book. This is a series I love to read, and I always wait in great anticipation for the next book in the series. If there is another book, I will be reluctant to read it. It felt like the author was loosing some of the passion for the story. I may be wrong about that, but it was not up to the standard of the rest of the books in the series. I am glad I got it from the library instead of buying it right away like I typically do with the Green Rider books.

If you are a fan of the series you will probably want to read it, but it is not as good as the rest of the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment