Wednesday, April 30, 2014

William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back





The rebellion has just defeated the death star. They have retreated to the planet Hoth, and it is here that the Empire's patrols discover the hidden base. Han and Leia flee in the Millennium Falcon to meet up with the rest of the Rebel fleet, while Luke goes to Dagobah in search of the Jedi Master Yoda. Neither group has things turn out the way that they plan.

One of the main differences from the first book in the trilogy Verily, A New Hope was the lack of chorus to explain action scenes. I personally did not mind the chorus as other people have seemed to. I have to say, I was absolutely tickled when I read the Wampa's speech. I stopped where I was reading and read it aloud to my husband. You can imagine how thrilled I was when I found another speech from the Wampa, and one from the space slug. It was an excellent way to portray some of the action scenes.

I knew I would like this book, but I was surprised by the little changes that made me truly enjoy it. Another great piece for Star Wars fans. I love how Doescher gives new life to the familiar and loved story of Star Wars. I am so excited to see what he does with The Jedi Doth Return.

This book is a must read for Star Wars fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment